about me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
i'm 33. i live with my husband, baby daughter 2 dogs and 1 kitty. i'm a chemical engineer with an MBA and work in technical sales. i tend to bite off more than i *think* i can chew and end up with a full bulging mouth for awhile before i can finally swallow. i thrive in chaos, but strive for order.

6.01.2005

best band list

as i sit here, ahem, working, and listening to my ipod, it hit me that i have about 7 solid days of music loaded.

and since i can be a freak about the bands i like*, i thought i would share them with you. here are the bands currently in rotation on my ipod, in (slightly alphabetic) no particular order, except for radiohead which is my favorite and (imo) the best band ever in the history of music.

radiohead
pilate - awesome local toronto band. i think they'll be big in a year or two.
death cab for cutie
bright eyes
damien rice
elbow
doves
the frames
the fray - local denver band about to break!
guster - a favorite live show
interpol
iron & wine
keane - wonderful live! (and i convinced one of the cute british roadies to say "fluffy puffy puppy")
paloalto
pixies
placebo
the postal service
powderfinger - great australian band
remy zero
sigur ros
snow patrol
the streets - british hip hop-like - freakin' hilarious and catchy
travis
stereophonics
soul coughing
barenaked ladies - one of my favorite live bands

if you like this same type of music and know of a band not on my list that you think i might like, please let me know and i'll check them out!

*enough to spend $600 on two 2nd row radiohead tickets for me and si, who is the only tone deaf brit in america.

5 comments:

  1. I love many of the bands on your list, and will have to expand my horizons with some of the others... in case you hadn't heard, the Fray's playing the Fox in July!!
    When I have more time I'll look closer at your list and send ou some other bands I think you might like!
    rg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:11 AM

    You have some of my favorites there too. :-) One of my alltime favorites is Jeff Buckley - Grace. My favorite band is Morphine and their best CD IMO is either Cure for Pain or Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kelly - i haven't heard of jeff buckley, i'll have to check him out. i love morphine too and have both of those cds! got into them when i was in highschool and actually saw them live at some festival in denver in '97.

    rg - isn't that show sold out already? i'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually, that was the Fray's May show, the tickets for July 24th go on sale this Saturday, according the the Fox website!

    and if you haven't already, you should check out:
    the Shins
    the Nadas
    Sun Volt (Jay Farrar is amazing, they play the Fox in June)
    the Killers
    franz ferdinand

    every other one I come up with is on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. rg - like the shins, just haven't gotten the cd yet. i'm not a huge fan of the killers or franz ferdinard.. but maybe it has to grow on me?

    too bad the fray is the 24th - i'll be in canada for a wedding!

    thanks for the suggestions guys!

    ReplyDelete