about me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
i'm 33. i live with my husband, baby daughter 2 dogs and 1 kitty. i'm a chemical engineer with an MBA and work in technical sales. i tend to bite off more than i *think* i can chew and end up with a full bulging mouth for awhile before i can finally swallow. i thrive in chaos, but strive for order.

12.30.2007

resolutions

new years resolutions. cliche? yes. high expectations? yes. something i do anyway? yup.


1) lose 20 pounds by may 1st. my brother is getting married in june and i really want to feel comfortable in my bridesmaid dress. i plan to do this by adding more fruits and veggies into my diet,cutting out processed foods and dairy, eating organic, and exercising more frequently. 5 pounds a month should be doable if i don't lose sight of the goal.

2) be 90% vegan by this time next year. i have been researching the vegan lifesytle over the past few months and have found that i really agree with it. i'm not a huge meat eater to begin with, so i don't think that will be a problem. but i do like my cheese. i have already been experimenting with vegan products and recipies and have found them to be SO healthy and tasty.

3) letting go of perfection. i have always procrastinated doing something because i couldn't do it perfectly. it's a crutch. and a lame one. it's better to try my best at something and enjoy the process instead of being obsessed with the end result.

4) take my dogs on more walks. now that burton can't go to the dogpark, i need to make sure that they both get their exercise. i owe it to them, even if it's just a quick walk around the block. i want this to eventually be a daily ritual.

5) pay down my debt. i will be getting another waitressing job after the new year and all the money i make will go to paying off my credit cards. i am at the start of a downward spiral and if i don't do something soon, i will be screwed when i'm older. i'm also going to save money by getting back into my couponing habit, trying to buy only the necessities, going to the library instead of buying books or renting movies, and not using the credit cards.

i think that's probably enough to keep me busy in 2008. i've already started working on everything except dog walking over the last few months, so it shouldn't be a sharp transition. and if i can let my perfectionism go out the window, i should be able to keep plodding on even if i slip up.

2 comments:

  1. I made similar resolutions for 2007, and now, at the end of the year, the results are in: (1) I have lost 15 pounds; (2) in October, I paid off my last credit card!

    I wish you the best of luck with your resolutions! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice resolutions - I'm sure you'll do great! Number 3 is a tough one - sometimes it's so much easier not to so anything at all than to try and fail and doing it perfectly, huh?

    ReplyDelete