about me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
i'm 33. i live with my husband, baby daughter 2 dogs and 1 kitty. i'm a chemical engineer with an MBA and work in technical sales. i tend to bite off more than i *think* i can chew and end up with a full bulging mouth for awhile before i can finally swallow. i thrive in chaos, but strive for order.

7.13.2005

t minus 20 days and counting

until i leave for the fabulous cayman islands!!

and i SO need this vacation. i have been horrendously busy this summer because never in my life have i been able to NOT have 10 things going on at once. currently i:
- am working 40+ hours per week
- am in graduate school and have class every tuesday/thursday from 6-8:30
- play softball every monday night
- am helping remodel/decorate/clean our new house
- am the president of my professional organization's local chapter
- get up at 5am to hit the gym before work (most days, sometimes i am a slacker)
and because i didn't think i had ENOUGH going in, I also planted a vegetable garden consiting of: beans, tomatos, 7 types of herbs, corn, strawberries, brussel sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, onions (red/white/green), 4 types of lettuce, carrots, pumpkin, zuchini, spaghetti squash, and raspberries. which of course requires daily watering and weekly weeding.

additionally i:
- sell on ebay
- run two websites
- am a freak about keeping the house clean (although i've kind of given up on that right now until we get the remodeling done)

this leaves me with about 2 minutes of "me time" per day.

no wonder my doctor told me i need to relax and find some stress relief.

think 2 weeks on a beach will do the trick?

2 comments:

  1. sounds perfect!

    I thought I was busy. you are INCREDIBLY busy.

    I think your doc's right... but I say a drink with a new friend at a good show might be some good stress relief as well. too bad you're gone for my extra ticket shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are WAY more busy than I am, and I thought I was busy! WOW!

    You deserve this vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete