about me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
i'm 33. i live with my husband, baby daughter 2 dogs and 1 kitty. i'm a chemical engineer with an MBA and work in technical sales. i tend to bite off more than i *think* i can chew and end up with a full bulging mouth for awhile before i can finally swallow. i thrive in chaos, but strive for order.

2.02.2011

today was a good day

i haven't had the opportunity to utter those words much over the last year or so.  i feel like there's been this black cloud following me around a bit.  but today, 3 little things happened to give me a little hope and make me realize that it will be sunny again someday.

1) this morning i finally broke my plateau and was down 1/2 pound.  that equals 10.5 lbs since Jan 1.  i was getting discouraged because jared was losing so much more, but 10 pounds in a month is still pretty good.  if i can keep this up, i'll be at my goal weight in 3 months.

2) i found out that i made my sales quota for january - this is the first time since i started with the company that this has happened.  january and february are notoriously slow and i am usually behind until about april.  this will help us tremendously with our finances this month.

3) jared and i started the fertility testing process.  i had my bloodwork taken this week and the doctor just called me and said that everything is normal.  of course, there still could be other issues with me (scarring, etc), but getting one unknown out of the way is a relief.  jared goes in for his tests on sunday, so we're crossing our fingers that he has lots of strong swimmers.

it's always nice to have some of the stress in our lives alleviated. 

1 comment: